There are many questions when it comes to planning an estate
sale. We have chosen some of the most common questions and posted them here.
Why have an estate sale?
- Estate sales offer the optimum price for most personal property; whether it is business or personal.
- Estate sales provide the most connections for a profitable way to sell personal property to the general public.
- Estate liquidators take a lot of work and worry off of your hands. A reputable estate company has connection with local, regular buyers of antiques and other items to whom they can advertise your goods.
- They also promote your items to the general public via web advertising as well as their own data base and many other outlets.
- An estate liquidator is knowledgeable, professional, and respectful of both the items and the client.
- Estate sales are an efficient way to clean a home or business of possessions no longer needed or wanted.
Why choose Carousel of Life ?
- Our owners have no hidden agenda. They have many years of experience in both wholesale and retail sales. Specifically, they are very knowledgeable about antiques. Any items they have not sold in previous sales or through their antique business, they do everything necessary to research both antiques and collectables to offer you the most return for your possessions.
- We also have experts on staff for research and marketing.
- Frequently, time is of the the essence. Our owners and staff work diligently to provide a sale in a reasonable, timely fashion.
- We subscribe to all the same "Price Realized" data bases that many auction houses employ.
- Our company offers the perfect combination of a knowledgeable, highly trained and experienced staff with a prestigious following. We offer exceptional service and treat each client as if they were family. Choosing us will offer you and your family and or associates a stress free, profitable sale!
How do I choose an Estate Company?
- Ask your friends and associates to recommend someone. Word of mouth is the very best referral.
- Select at least three companies to walk through your home or business.
- Ask for references.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau as well as Consumer Review sites.
Q: Why should I have an estate sale run by professionals?
A: It is an overwhelmingly tedious task for a non-professional person to undertake. Not only is the work itself taxing, but depending on the circumstances of the sale, it can be emotionally stressful.
Q: How does an estate sale work and how is it different from an auction or a garage sale?
A: Garage sales generally attract non-professionals, unaware of the value of your possessions on the secondary market. Even well educated buyers, such as attorneys, doctors, accountants, teachers, engineers, etc, may be unaware of their worth.
Estate sales are very organized, professional, and carefully monitored as to pricing and care of the item being sold. Prices are firm, and there is no negotiation. The only exception is if the terms on the contract allow discounts on unsold merchandise. These discounts are agreed upon during the contract negotiation.
Many times an auction house sells items at below market value. Unless the owner of the merchandise attaches what is known as a "reserve", to specific items, the auctioneer is obligated to sell the product to the highest bidder. The major difference is the auction house works for the house, the estate sale liquidator works for the client.
Our sales are beautifully staged, professionally organized and well marketed and advertised. In conclusion, there is always a greater perceived value when a professional company conducts the sale.
Q: How much do you charge to look at an estate?
A: Our first consultation is always free of charge. Should we ascertain that an estate sale is not the most advantageous route, our owners will provide you with alternative suggestions for the distribution of your possessions.
Q: How long should I expect my sale to run?
A: Each sale is unique, however, approximately 90% of our sales are 2 to 3 days.
Q: How much do you charge? How do you get paid?
A: We charge a percentage of the total sales' profits. This percentage is determined at the time we have our personal interview. Our fees are extremely competitive.
Q: Do you have a contract agreement?
A: Yes, we have a contract agreement that puts in writing the terms and conditions of our agreement. Our agreement is based upon your needs and the provisions necessary for a successful and profitable sale. Upon contract closing, you will be provided with a complimentary packet of information. This packet includes a copy of the contract, a more detailed list of questions and answers, and a complimentary explanation of the detailed process from start to finish.